Kamut (Triticum turgidum spp.) 식빵 급여가 고지방식이 유도 비만 C57BL/6 마우스에 미치는 효과open accessEffects of White Pan Bread Added with Kamut (Triticum turgidum spp.) on High Fat Diet-Induced Obese C57BL/6 Mice
- Other Titles
- Effects of White Pan Bread Added with Kamut (Triticum turgidum spp.) on High Fat Diet-Induced Obese C57BL/6 Mice
- 정현기; 백지윤; 최예정; 강기성; 김현영; 김지현; 최진상
- Issue Date
- High-fat diet; Obesity; Triticum; Kamut; White pan bread
- 한방비만학회지, v.21, no.2, pp.49 - 58
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- Objectives: The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of white pan bread added with Kamut (Triticum turgidum spp.) on high fat diet (HFD)-induced obese C57BL/6 mice.
Methods: The white pan bread or white pan bread with Kamut (BK) were administered for 8 weeks in HFD-induced obese C57BL/6 mice. To evaluate the effect and its mechanisms of BK on obese mice, we measured body weight change, serum lipid profiles, histopathological analysis, and protein expression of CCAAT/enhancer binding protein-α (C/EBPα) in the liver.
Results: Administration of BK significantly decreased body weight in HFD-induced obese mice. In addition, BK-administered group significantly reduced serum total cholesterol, glucose, and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels compared with the HFD-induced control group. The HFD-induced mice had damaged liver tissue and increased the size of adipose tissue, but BK-administered group attenuated liver damage and decreased the size of adipocyte. Furthermore, administration of BK significantly down-regulated C/EBPα in the liver compared with HFD-fed mice. In particular, BK-administered group has higher inhibited body weight, serum lipid profiles, and C/EBPα expressions than white pan bread-administered group.
Conclusions: This study demonstrated that administration of BK attenuated HFD-induced obesity by regulation of C/EBPα than consumption of white pan bread. Therefore, BK could be developed as a bread for prevention of obesity.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 농업생명과학대학 > 식품공학부 > Journal Articles
- 자연과학대학 > 식품영양학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.