Design of X-axis Beam with a Reinforcement Stand for A Three-axis Gantry Robot
- Kim, Myeng Mook; Kim, Gab Soon
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC MECHANICAL ENGINEERS
- Gantry Robot; X-axis Beam; Reinforcement Stand; Structural Analysis; Displacement; Stress
- TRANSACTIONS OF THE KOREAN SOCIETY OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERS A, v.43, no.5, pp.335 - 342
- Journal Title
- TRANSACTIONS OF THE KOREAN SOCIETY OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERS A
- Start Page
- End Page
- This paper describes an x-axis beam with a reinforcement stand for a three-axis gantry robot, which can attach and detach workpieces to and from a shelf. To design the x-axis beam, its structure with the reinforcement stand was analyzed. Based on the results of the structural analysis, the size of the reinforcement stand was determined, the x-axis beam with the reinforcement stand was designed, and a three-axis gantry robot with an x-axis beam and reinforcement stand was fabricated. A number of three-axis gantry robots were tested. The results revealed that the displacement at the chuck position was less than 100 mu m(0.1 mm), and the positions of the workpiece before and after machining were less than 200 mu m(0.2 mm). Therefore, the three-axis gantry robot can be used to attach and detach the workpiece from a computer numerical control(CNC) lathe.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 제어계측공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.