The Impact of a Single Displacement Defect on Tunneling Field-Effect Transistors
- Kim, Jungsik; Han, Jin-Woo; Meyyappan, M.
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- Band-to-band tunneling (BTBT); displacement defect; radiation effect; subthreshold swing; Technology Computer-Aided Design (TCAD) simulation; tunneling field-effect transistor (TFET)
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ELECTRON DEVICES, v.67, no.11, pp.4765 - 4769
- Journal Title
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ELECTRON DEVICES
- Start Page
- End Page
- The impact of a single displacement defect on the performance of tunnelingfield-effect transistors (TFETs) is studied. The OFF-state leakage current and subthreshold swing of the TFET are found to degrade by the single point defect. The degradation depends on the trap energy level; the impact due to a deep trap is greater than that due to a shallow trap. The degradation becomes more profound as the defect locationmoves a certain distance fromthe source into the channel. The ON- state current is nearly unaffected by the same defect. The single defect effects were found to be more prominent for thinner channel devices.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 전기공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.