Extraction of Nitride Trap Profile in 3-D NAND Flash Memory Using Intercell Program Patternopen access
- Park, Jounghun; Yoon, Gilsang; Go, Donghyun; Kim, Jungsik; Lee, Jeong-Soo
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- 3D NAND flash memory; data retention; lateral migration; trap profiling
- IEEE ACCESS, v.9, pp.118794 - 118800
- Journal Title
- IEEE ACCESS
- Start Page
- End Page
- The extraction of nitride trap density (N-t) filled with electrons emitted by thermal emission (It) in the charge-trapping layer of 3-D NAND flash memory is demonstrated. The intercell program (IP) pattern was adopted to intentionally inject electrons into the intercell region to minimize the influence of lateral migration (LM) on the trap profiles. This was confirmed by the retention characteristics observed at 120 degrees C, where the charge loss is mainly caused by the TE of the trapped electrons in the nitride layer. The extracted peak value of N-t at E-C-E-T value of 1.20 eV using the IP pattern was as low as 1.01 x 10(19) cm(-3) eV(-1) , in the scan range of 0.96 eV to 1.27 eV. This value was 17% lower than that from the conventional adjacent cell program (P-P-P) pattern. Therefore, the IP pattern can be used in extracting trap profiles in the SiN layer in scaled 3-D NAND memories.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 전기공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.