Design of 4-axis scara-type robot for attaching and detaching workpieces of machine tools
- Yang, S.-G.; Kim, G.-S.
- Issue Date
- Korean Society for Precision Engineeing
- 4-Axis scara-type robot; Joint; Link; Machine tools; Structure analysis; Workpiece
- Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, v.38, no.5, pp.351 - 358
- Journal Title
- Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering
- Start Page
- End Page
- This paper describes the design of a 4-axis SCARA-Type robot in the form of a scalar robot for the loading and unloading of workpieces in machine tools. The 4-axis dedicated robot is a 4-degrees-of-freedom robot consisting of a joint 1, 2, 3 motor and a 180° rotating gripper made up of a horizontal gripper and a vertical gripper. It was designed in a scalar shape that is suitable for machine tools, and the size of each link and elbow was determined through structural analysis. Through additional structural analysis, the deflection of the end center of the workpiece fixed to the horizontal gripper and the vertical gripper was designed to be within 0.1 mm, and based on the design result, a 4-axis SCARA-Type robot was manufactured, and the basic motion characteristics of the manufactured robot were tested. As a result of the characteristic test, the manufactured 4-axis SCARA-Type robot operated smoothly, so it is judged to be adequate for usage in loading and unloading the workpieces in machine tools. ? 2021 Korean Society for Precision Engineeing. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 제어계측공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.