1인치 볼 밸브 및 글로브 밸브에 대한 개도율에따른 손실계수(K) 비교에 관한 연구Comparison of Loss Coefficient using 1-inch Ball and Glove Valve Opening Ratio
- Other Titles
- Comparison of Loss Coefficient using 1-inch Ball and Glove Valve Opening Ratio
- 강창원; 이중섭; 이치우
- Issue Date
- 볼밸브; 글로브 밸브; 밸브 손실계수; Ball Valve; Glove Valve; Valve Loss Coefficient
- 한국기계가공학회지, v.20, no.9, pp.63 - 69
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- This study aims to determine the flow characteristics of a one-inch small ball valve and glove valve used inindustrial plants. The flow was changed through an experimental equipment, and the internal flow characteristicsof the valves were compared. Considering the pressure drop, the decrease in the slope of the ball valve basedon the degree of the valve opening was relatively greater than that of the glove valve; further, the slope of theglove valve was gentle while the pressure drop was high. The flow velocity of the ball valve remainsconsistent after the valve was opened by 70%, whereas the flow velocity of the glove valve constantly increased.
The valve loss factor of the ball valve was relatively low compared with that of the glove valve. When thevalve was opened by 20%, which is the beginning stage of the valve opening, the valve loss factor of the ballvalve was high and gradually became low. This is a structural problem of the ball valve, and the loss factor issignificant because the flow path installed at the ball valve has a considerably small area. However, the overallloss factor of glove valve is high because it has a complicated structure of flow path.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 융합기술공과대학 > Department of Automotive Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.