Design of high performance manipulator for small EOD robot system
- Jo, K.S.; Lee, D.H.; Kim, G.S.
- Issue Date
- Korean Society for Precision Engineeing
- EOD; Gripper; IED; Manipulator; Small UGV
- Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, v.36, no.12, pp.1125 - 1133
- Journal Title
- Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering
- Start Page
- End Page
- In this paper, we designed and manufactured a new manipulator (less than 15 kg) to make the total weight of SCOBOT-200 (EOD robot: its platform weight is 35 kg) commercialized by FIRSTEC Co., Ltd. Link1 and Link2 of the manipulator were designed and fabricated using CFRP (Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics) material, and the other components were made of AL6061 material. The fabricated manipulator has 5-DOF, and the opening width of the gripper is more than 1520 mm. As a result of the characteristic test, the weight of manipulator is 14.5 kg, the length of the manipulator is 1500 mm, the payload when the manipulator extended is 8 kg, when folded is 20 kg. Thus, the manipulator manufactured can be used as a manipulator for a small EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) robot. ? The Korean Society for Precision Engineering This is an Open-Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0) which permits unrestricted non-commercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 제어계측공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.