Linear 4D system using schedule-location charts for infrastructure projects
- Lee, Jae Hee; Park, Sang Mi; Kim, Sung Keun; Kang, Leen Seok
- Issue Date
- Linear4D (linear 4D system); ScheLo chart (schedule-location chart); Gantt chart; Infrastructure project; Location information
- AUTOMATION IN CONSTRUCTION, v.141
- Journal Title
- AUTOMATION IN CONSTRUCTION
- Since the traditional 4D system is a one-axis simulation method centered on the construction schedule, it is difficult to express detailed location information of the activity. In order to solve this problem, it is necessary to configure a 4D system with a two-axis simulation method that simultaneously expresses schedule and location information of each activity. This study attempts to develop a method of constructing a ScheLo chart that expresses both schedule and location and a linear 4D system (Linear4D) directly linked to the ScheLo chart. In the Linear4D, activities can be simulated simultaneously in a specific period and location, and its practicality is verified by an actual project. In projects where activities are performed in a linear space spanning several tens of kilometers, such as roads and railroads, the activities are managed with horizontal location information, so the Linear4D can be used to expand 4D system research for infrastructure projects.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > Department of Civil Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.