Bistaggered Contact Geometry for Symmetric Dual-Gate Organic TFTs
- Kwon, Jimin; Jung, Sungyeop; Kim, Yun-Hi; Jung, Sungjune
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- 2-D simulation; contact resistance; device geometry; independent gate control; thin-film transistors (TFTs)
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ELECTRON DEVICES, v.66, no.7, pp.3118 - 3123
- Journal Title
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ELECTRON DEVICES
- Start Page
- End Page
- This transaction proposes a symmetric bistaggered dual-gate organic thin-film transistor (TFT) to minimize the difference between the top and bottom channel current characteristics and demonstrates it through experiment and 2-D simulation. In dual-gate organic TFTs, asymmetric top and bottom channel currents are mainly a result of their asymmetric contact geometry. To address this geometric limitation, the contact electrodes were sandwiched between the two organic semiconductor layers to be placed in a staggered position to both top and bottom gates. Two-way current crowding at the bistaggered contact electrodes leads to high-charge injection efficiency in both channels.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.