Optimal Dead-Time Control Scheme for Extended ZVS Range and Burst-Mode Operation of Phase-Shift Full-Bridge (PSFB) Converter at Very Light Load
- Kim, Chong-Eun
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- Burst-mode operation; phase-shift full-bridge (PSFB) converter; super-junction MOSFET; very light load; zero voltage switching (ZVS)
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, v.34, no.11, pp.10823 - 10832
- Journal Title
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS
- Start Page
- End Page
- Phase-shift full-bridge (PSFB) converter is a widely used topology for high-efficiency and high-power applications, thanks to low voltage/current stress of all components and zero-voltage-switching operation of primary MOSFETs. The critical drawback of the PSFB converter is hard-switching characteristics of primary MOSFETs at a very light load, which causes severe thermal explosion and extremely high input power consumption, especially with the latest super-junction MOSFET. To minimize the switching loss of the PSFB converter at a very light load, a new optimal dead-time control scheme with burst-mode operation is proposed in this paper and its validity is verified experimentally with the implemented 2.2-kW server power supply unit.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 제어계측공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.