Analysis beef consumption using SURAnalysis beef consumption using SUR
- Other Titles
- Analysis beef consumption using SUR
- 차예본; 노호영; 황준병; 전상곤
- Issue Date
- 충남대학교 농업과학연구소
- beef; consumption; Hanwoo; SUR (seemingly unrelated regression)
- Korean Journal of Agricultural Science, v.47, no.2, pp.291 - 303
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Agricultural Science
- Start Page
- End Page
- This various factors that affect beef consumption behavior between different types of beef such as Hanwoo, Australian, American, and domestic Yukwoo. Previous studies usually used almost ideal demand system (AIDS) model to show the degree of substitution between meats especially domestic and foreign beef. This a real expenditure each individual and to explain what factors affect consumers especially focusing on various beef. Hence, previous studies used shares and prices as key variableshowever, this study use various socio-demographic variables, consumption tendency, satisfaction and importance for beef consumption, purchasing usage and part, etc. This study a seemingly unrelated regression (SUR) model to enhance efficiency of estimates because error terms of four beef consumption equations are correlated. For , an on-line survey was performed Aug. 5 - 14, and we obtained 979 effective samples. The results show that high income group (more than 700 mil. won per month) purchases more beef than other groups. The origin of orders is Hanwoo, Yukwoo, Australian beef, and American beef. A family who member purchases more Yukwoo than other groups.
foreign affects beef consumption regardless of its origin. Individuals who think origin and taste prefer Hanwoo. However, individuals who think price prefer Australian beef.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 농업생명과학대학 > 식품자원경제학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.