Milk Protein-Stabilized Emulsion Delivery System and Its Application to FoodsMilk Protein-Stabilized Emulsion Delivery System and Its Application to Foods
- Other Titles
- Milk Protein-Stabilized Emulsion Delivery System and Its Application to Foods
- 하호경; 이원재
- Issue Date
- milk protein; emulsion; delivery system; emulsifier; food application
- Journal of Dairy Science and Biotechnology, v.38, no.4, pp.189 - 196
- Journal Title
- Journal of Dairy Science and Biotechnology
- Start Page
- End Page
- Milk proteins, such as casein and whey protein, exhibit significant potential as natural emulsifiers for the preparation and stabilization of emulsion-based delivery systems. This can be attributed to their unique functional properties, such as the amphiphilic nature, GRAS (generally recognized as safe) status, high nutritional value, and viscoelastic film-forming ability around oil droplets. In addition, milk protein has been used as a coating material in emulsion-based delivery systems to protect bioactive compounds during food processing and storage owing to its unique functional properties. These properties include the ability to bind lipophilic bioactive compounds and antioxidant activity. In this review, we present the use of milk proteins as emulsifiers for the formation of emulsions and food applications of milk protein-stabilized emulsion delivery systems.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 농업생명과학대학 > 동물생명융합학부 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.