Improved bootstrap confidence intervals for the process capability index C-pk
- Park, Chanseok; Dey, Sanku; Ouyang, Linhan; Byun, Jai-Hyun; Leeds, Mark
- Issue Date
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS INC
- Bootstrap; Confidence interval; Process capability index; Statistical power
- COMMUNICATIONS IN STATISTICS-SIMULATION AND COMPUTATION, v.49, no.10, pp.2583 - 2603
- Journal Title
- COMMUNICATIONS IN STATISTICS-SIMULATION AND COMPUTATION
- Start Page
- End Page
- The process capability index, C-pk, is a useful tool for assessing the capability of a manufacturing process. There exist three well-known confidence intervals for the process capability index. These intervals are based on the standard bootstrap, the percentile bootstrap and the bias-corrected percentile bootstrap, respectively. We propose three variants of these bootstrap confidence intervals where each of the three intervals are modified in a particular way. Extensive Monte Carlo simulations are carried out and the results indicate that the three proposed bootstrap methods are generally preferred over the corresponding original schemes.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.