Effect of the Energy Level and the Carrier Mobility of the Hole Extraction Layer on the Performance of Planar-mixed Heterojunction Organic Solar Cells
- Lee, Hyunho; Kim, Jun Young; Kim, Jaehoon; Song, Hyung-Jun
- Issue Date
- KOREAN PHYSICAL SOC
- Organic solar cells; Planar mixed heterojunction; Hole extraction layers; Energy barrier; Collection voltage
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY, v.77, no.9, pp.806 - 810
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY
- Start Page
- End Page
- We systematically explored the effect of the electrical property of a homogenously deposited donor layer (H-Donor) on the efficiency of planar-mixed heterojunction organic solar cells. The equivalent circuit model analysis and the dark current characteristics indicate that an increased energy barrier for the electron between the mixed layer and the H-Donor (Delta E-LUMO) decreases the leakage path, thereby resulting in an improved fill factor of the cell. Moreover, the incorporation of H-Donor with high hole mobility (mu(h)) to device leads to enhanced charge collecting efficiency and decreased recombination losses. As a result, the device containing H-Donor with high mu(h) and Delta E-LUMO showed 28% improvement in power conversion efficiency (5.54%) compared to that of a device with the conventional structure. We believe that this strategy will be a guideline to unlock the full potential of materials in organic solar cells.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 반도체공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.