New Bridgeless Power Factor Correction Converter With Simple Gate Driving Circuit and High Efficiency for Server Power Applications
- Lee, Young-Dal; Kim, Dongmin; Choi, Seung-Hyun; Moon, Gun-Woo; Kim, Chong-Eun
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- Switches; Inductors; Legged locomotion; Servers; Semiconductor diodes; Switching circuits; Power supplies; Bridgeless power factor correction (PFC) rectifier; common-mode (CM) noise characteristics; server power supply; simple gate driver circuit
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, v.35, no.12, pp.13148 - 13156
- Journal Title
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS
- Start Page
- End Page
- A bidirectional-switch bridgeless power factor correction (PFC) converter (BBPFC) is a fascinating topology for high-power application among various bridgeless PFC (BPFC) converters due to its simple structure and easy control method despite using a floating gate driver. In addition, by varying reverse recovery characteristics of rectifying diodes placed on the conduction path, it is possible to improve common-mode (CM) noise characteristics without additional line filter. However, the BBPFC is difficult to actually use in server power supply product because of high guarantee payment. Thus, in this article, a new BPFC for high efficiency and simple structure without any patent issues is proposed. Moreover, it can be simply implemented since the proposed converter does not require floating gate driver but use a simple bootstrap circuit. Furthermore, in both positive and negative cycles, the proposed converter can have lower power loss characteristics due to utilization of one switch for build-up operation. The proposed converter also uses the relative reverse recovery characteristics resulting in good CM noise characteristics. Thus, the proposed converter can obtain high efficiency and good CM noise characteristics with simple structure and easier control method. The effectiveness of the proposed converter is verified by a prototype in universal input and 800-W/400-V output.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 제어계측공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.