Future Oriented SMART SOCIETY and Ethical IssuesFuture Oriented SMART SOCIETY and Ethical Issues
- Other Titles
- Future Oriented SMART SOCIETY and Ethical Issues
- 김태웅; 박균열
- Issue Date
- Smart Society; Ethical Approach; Smart Internet; Industrial Revolution; Smart Technology; Artificial Intelligence
- Robotics & AI Ethics, v.6, no.1, pp.35 - 44
- Journal Title
- Robotics & AI Ethics
- Start Page
- End Page
- Purpose: This study explores the ethical issues that arise in building a community where humans can use smart technology to lead happier lives, a smart society.
Method: Technology in a smart society is not unrelated to the human variable, no matter how advanced its level is. As humans pursue value, smart societies also need to be explored from an ethical perspective. This study provides the need for an ethical approach that emphasizes humanity in the process of building and maintaining a smart society. The research was conducted by contents based approach.
Results: This research showed that the smart society was clarified by the Fourth Industrial Revolution, and got two characteristics as follows: First, AI, which is the core of smart society in particular, fosters human nature and potentialility through automatic self-realization, human representation, personal and social skills, and social cohesion. Second, smart AI ethical standards include beneficence, non-maleficence, autonomy, justice, and explicability.
Conclusion: This paper presented a normative and substantial directions to what preparations should be made for human-centered ethical coexistence in a future-oriented smart society. The ethical virtue or a way of living could be summarized as followed: love for humans, retrospective understanding, variable dialogue, self-sustainability, tarnsparency, explainability.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 사범대학 > 윤리교육과 > Journal Articles
- 공과대학 > 제어계측공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.