Three-Switch LLC Resonant Converter for High-Efficiency Adapter With Universal Input Voltage
- Kim, Chong-Eun; Baek, Jaeil; Lee, Jae-Bum
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- Resonant converters; Switches; Switching loss; Topology; Magnetic resonance; Buck converters; Inductance; Adapter; high-efficiency; LLC resonant converter; three-switch; universal; wide input voltage
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, v.36, no.1, pp.630 - 638
- Journal Title
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS
- Start Page
- End Page
- The LLC resonant converter is one of the most attractive topologies in many applications, due to its simple structure and zero-voltage-switching capability. However, under wide-input-voltage condition, it has large primary conduction and turn-off switching losses because of small magnetizing inductance. Thus, in this article, the LLC resonant converter using three switches is proposed for high-efficiency under wide universal ac input voltage. These three switches can make two operating modes of LLC resonant converter according to low/high line input conditions. As a result, the proposed converter can be designed with larger magnetizing inductance, resulting in high efficiency. The validity of the proposed converter is verified with a 60-W prototype for high efficiency, almost maintaining the system size, compared with the conventional LLC converter.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 제어계측공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.