Development of Eco-Friendly Cement Using a Calcium Sulfoaluminate Expansive Agent Blended with Slag and Silica Fumeopen access
- Kim, Taewan; Seo, Ki-Young; Kang, Choonghyun; Lee, Tak-Kee
- Issue Date
- calcium sulfoaluminate; slag; silica fume; eco-friendly
- APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL, v.11, no.1
- Journal Title
- APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL
- This is an experimental study on the development of a low-carbon, eco-friendly cement containing a calcium sulfoaluminate expansive agent (CSAe), slag, and silica fume (SF). The cement to be developed has a low water/binder ratio (w/b) of 0.5 and is designed to be used for structural purposes, with focus on its mechanical performance. CSAe, slag, and SF were mixed at various mixing ratios. The main hydration product of the slag-based CSAe cement in the experiment was ettringite. Substituting less than 30% of CSAe showed a sufficient level of mechanical performance; that is, the material could be used as structural cement. SF controlled the excessive expansion of CSAe. However, since the developed slag-CSAe-SF cement has low early age (1 d) strength, follow-up research is needed for improvement.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 해양과학대학 > 조선해양공학과 > Journal Articles
- 해양과학대학 > 해양토목공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.