Breeding of tetra null soybean (Glycine max) for lipoxygenase, kunitz trypsin inhibitor, lectin, and 7S alpha' subunit proteins
- Choi, Sang Woo; Chae, Won Gi; Kang, Gyung Young; Chung, Jong Il
- Issue Date
- 7S & #945; & apos; subunit; KTI; lectin; lipoxygenase; soybean; tetra null
- PLANT BREEDING, v.140, no.1, pp.123 - 129
- Journal Title
- PLANT BREEDING
- Start Page
- End Page
- Soybean seed includes various bioactive substances. Also, they contain a variety of antinutritional factors including lipoxygenase, Kunitz trypsin inhibitor (KTI), lectin, and 7S alpha' subunit proteins. The genetic removal of these proteins will improve the nutritional value of soybean seed. The objective of this research was to breed new soybean with tetra recessive alleles (lox1lox2lox3/lox1lox2lox3-ti/ti-le/le-cgy1/cgy1) for lipoxygenase, KTI, lectin, and 7S alpha' subunit proteins. Seven parents were used to breed tetra null strain. SDS-PAGE and Western blot analysis were used to determine the presence or absence of lipoxygenase, 7S alpha' subunit, KTI, and lectin proteins in mature seed. Tetra null soybean line has a purple flower, determinate growth habit, tan pod, and yellow seed coat colour. Stem height of the breeding line was 62.3 cm. The 100-seed weight of the breeding line was 27.1 g and yield (t/ha) was 2.84. This is the first soybean strain withlox1lox2lox3/lox1lox2lox3-ti/ti-le/le-cgy1/cgy1 genotype (absence of lipoxygenase, KTI, lectin, and 7S alpha' subunit proteins).
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 농업생명과학대학 > 농학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.