Quantitative estimation of corrosion rate in 3C steels under seawater environmentopen access
- Lee, Sedong; Narayana, P. L.; Seok, Bang Won; Panigrahi, B. B.; Lim, Su-Gun; Reddy, N. S.
- Issue Date
- Seawater corrosion rate; 3C steels; Artificial neural networks; Virtual seawater environment; Sensitivity analysis; Quantitative estimation
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY-JMR&T, v.11, pp.681 - 686
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY-JMR&T
- Start Page
- End Page
- An artificial neural network method is proposed to correlate the relationship between the corrosion rate of 3C steels with seawater environment factors. The predictions with the unseen test data are in good agreement with experimental values. Further, the developed model used to simulate the combined effect of environmental factors (temperature, dissolved oxygen, salinity, pH values, and oxidation-reduction potential) on the corrosion rate. 3D mappings remarkably reveal the complex interrelationship between the input environmental parameters on the output corrosion rate. The quantitative estimation of corrosion by virtual addition/subtraction of environmental factors individually to a hypothetical system helps to understand the impact of each parameter. (C) 2021 Published by Elsevier B.V. This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC-ND license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 나노신소재공학부금속재료공학전공 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.