A Reconfigurable Totem-Pole PFC Rectifier With Light Load Optimization Control Strategy and Soft-Switching Capability
- Lee, Young-Dal; Moon, Gun-Woo; Baek, Jaeil; Kim, Chong-Eun
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- Switches; Inductors; Servers; Switching loss; Rectifiers; Power systems; Zero current switching; Light load efficiency; server power supply; soft-switching operation; totem-pole bridgeless power factor correction (PFC) rectifier; zero current switching (ZCS); zero voltage switching (ZVS)
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, v.36, no.4, pp.4371 - 4382
- Journal Title
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS
- Start Page
- End Page
- This article presents a reconfigurable totem-pole bridgeless power factor correction converter employing an auxiliary circuit and a simple control scheme to achieve high efficiency. Under light load condition, instead of delivering the energy through the main switch, the proposed converter utilizes only the auxiliary switches by using a different control scheme. Since the auxiliary switches have much smaller parasitic capacitances than the main switches, the proposed converter can obtain high efficiency under light load condition. Over middle-to-heavy load condition, the proposed converter can acquire both zero-voltage switching operation and relieved reverse-recovery problem thanks to the auxiliary circuit, which leads to high efficiency even with Si-MOSFET in the continuous conduction mode control. As a result, the proposed converter can achieve high efficiency over the entire load condition. The effectiveness of the proposed converter is verified by a prototype with ac 230V(rms) input and 750 W output.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 제어계측공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.