A Comparative Analysis of the Method of Evaluation of Character Competence in High School Chemistry Classes Based on Collaborative Problem-Solving for Competency(CoProC) Instruction Model
- Kim, Minjung; Park, Jihun; Park, Jongseok; Son, Jeongwoo; Nam, Jeonghee
- Issue Date
- KOREAN CHEMICAL SOC
- Collaborative Problem-Solving for Competency (CoProC) instruction model; Character competence test; Argumentation; Reflective writing; Evaluation of character competence
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY-DAEHAN HWAHAK HOE JEE, v.65, no.2, pp.151 - 165
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY-DAEHAN HWAHAK HOE JEE
- Start Page
- End Page
- The study applied chemistry classes based on Collaborative Problem-Solving for Competency(CoProC) Instruction Model to 86 high school seniors and recognized the resulting changes in Character Competence through character competence test, analysis of argumentation, and analysis of reflective writing. In addition, the analysis of the correlation between the assessment results showed what each evaluation method meant to assess Character Competence. The study found that the average score of Character Competence rose in all three assessments, but differences were found in the detailed factors. Character competency test is meaningful in helping students participate with a sense of mastery of learning as a self-evaluation, and the analysis of the argumentation process seems to be an appropriate evaluation method to evaluate the Character Competence shown by students' words and actions through course evaluations. An analysis of reflective writing showed the advantage of being able to analyze Character competencies that are difficult to show in action by looking back on the entire course of learning. In addition, given that the correlation between the three assessment results is very low, it is expected that the three Character competency assessment methods will be conducted together to obtain detailed and comprehensive information on students' character competencies.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 사범대학 > 물리교육과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.