Banking competition and cost stickiness
- Lee, Eunsuh; Kim, Chaehyun; Leach-Lopez, Maria A.
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- Interstate banking deregulation; Banking competition; Cost stickiness
- FINANCE RESEARCH LETTERS, v.41
- Journal Title
- FINANCE RESEARCH LETTERS
- In this paper, we examine how banking competition affects non-financial firms' cost stickiness. Using the Interstate Banking and Branching Efficiency Act (IBBEA) as an exogenous shock to banking competition, we find that banking competition increases non-financial firms' cost stickiness. In addition, we find that banking competition increases cost stickiness of non-financial firms by intensifying competitive pressure and improving the availability of credit. Overall, this paper contributes to existing literature by documenting the effect of banking competition on cost behavior and the determinants of cost stickiness.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- College of Business Administration > 회계세무학부 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.