Repeatability of Bruch's Membrane Opening-minimum Rim Width in Age-related Macular Degeneration and Diabetic Macular Edemaopen access
- Kim, Bum Jun; Lee, Woo Hyuk; Nam, Ki Yup; Kim, Ji Hye; Kang, Tae Seen; Cho, Hyun Kyung; Han, Yong Seop
- Issue Date
- KOREAN OPHTHALMOLOGICAL SOC
- Bruch' s membrane opening-minimum rim width; Repeatability; Retinal nerve fiber layer; Spectral-domain optical coherence tomography
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN OPHTHALMOLOGICAL SOCIETY, v.62, no.11, pp.1490 - 1501
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN OPHTHALMOLOGICAL SOCIETY
- Start Page
- End Page
- Purpose: To evaluate the repeatability of retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) thickness and Bruch's membrane opening-minimum rim width (BMO-MRVV) measurements by spectral-domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT) in wet age-related macular degeneration (wAMD) and diabetic macular edema (DME). Methods: This was a prospective study. The RNFL thickness and BMO-MRW parameters for each sector and global average were measured twice by SD-OCT. Repeatability was evaluated using the intraclass correlation coefficient (ICC) and coefficient of variation (CV). If the optic disc membrane was confirmed, it was analyzed by dividing it into three groups based on severity. Results: A total of 99 eyes (48 with wAMD, 51 with DME) were included in the analysis. The ICCs of the global RNFL thickness and global BMO-MRW measurements were 0.996 and 0.997, respectively, in wAMD and 0.994 and 0.996, respectively, in DME eyes. The CV values of global RNFL thickness and BMO-MRW were 0.60% and 0.73%, respectively, in wAMD eyes and 1.10% and 1.21%, respectively, in DME eyes. The disc membrane on the optic nerve head significantly affected global BMO-MRW repeatability (B = 0.814, p < 0.001). Conclusions: Both RNFL thickness and BMO-MRW measurements showed good repeatability in eyes with wAMD and DME. The severity of the optic disc membrane significantly affected the repeatability of BMO-MRW measurements in eyes with wAMD and DME. Therefore, physicians should examine the BMO-MRW in eyes with severe optic disc membrane.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- College of Medicine > Department of Medicine > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.