Physicochemical Composition and Properties of Sancho Oil Extracted from Zanthoxylum schinifolium Seeds
- Kim, H.G.; Kang, S.M.; Yong, S.H.; Kim, D.H.; Park, K.B.; Choi, M.S.
- Issue Date
- Korean Society of Medicinal Crop Science
- Acid Value; Antioxidant; Collection Site; Fatty Acid; Sancho Oil; Zanthoxylum schinifolium
- Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science, v.30, no.1, pp.50 - 59
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science
- Start Page
- End Page
- Background: The seed oil of Zanthoxylum schinifolium S. et Z. (sancho) is a traditional vegetable oil that is usually sold at high prices. However, there is no information on the characteristics of sancho oil according to the collection site in Korea. Therefore, this study investigated characteristics such as the fatty acid composition, acid value, peroxide value, color, consistency, volatile com-pound composition, and antioxidant activity of sancho oil from different sites. Methods and Results: Sancho seeds were collected from four sites (Hadong, Gapyeong, Jinan, and Yeongwol), that produce sancho oil, which was extracted by pressing. The content of major fatty acids, acid value, peroxidation degree, color and antioxidant activity were significantly different between the by collection sites. However, there was no significant difference in viscosity. Conclusions: The fatty acid content of sancho oil varied according to the collection site, and properties such as acid value and antioxidant activity were different. Therefore, it is necessary to stan-dardize the production and distribution of sancho oil produced in Korea, and studies to identify high-yielding varieties are important. ? 2022, Korean Society of Medicinal Crop Science. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 농업생명과학대학 > 환경산림과학부 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.