Structural and Electrical Properties of Nd-Doped (La,Sr)MnO3 Bulk Ceramics
- Kim, Chang-Hyun; Lee, Myung-Gyu; Lim, Jeong-Eun; Lee, Sam-Haeng; Park, Joo-Seok; Kim, Byung-Cheul; Lee, Sung-Gap
- Issue Date
- (La; Sr)MnO3; Thermistors; Hopping transport; XPS; Electrical properties
- TRANSACTIONS ON ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC MATERIALS, v.23, no.1, pp.19 - 24
- Journal Title
- TRANSACTIONS ON ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC MATERIALS
- Start Page
- End Page
- (La0.7-xNdxSr0.3)MnO3 (x = 0.15-0.3) specimens were prepared using the mixed oxide method. All specimens showed an orthorhombic crystalline structure and exhibited microstructures with sub-mu m sized grains and pores. According to XPS analysis, Mn2+, Mn3+ and Mn4+ ions peaks corresponded with binding energies of 640.6-640.9 eV, 642.0-642.4 eV, and 643.4-644.1 eV, respectively. Mn ions were predominantly in Mn2+ and Mn3+ states. All specimens exhibited a negative temperature coefficient of resistance (NTCR), in which the resistance decreased linearly as the temperature increased. Resistivity increased with the amount of Nd. The 0.3 mol Nd doped LSMO specimen showed 2.85 x 10(4) omega cm, the highest value of resistance. The 0.2 mol Nd-doped LSMO specimen showed the highest TCR value, which was - 0.36%/degrees C, and a B-25/65 value of 366 K.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
- 융합기술공과대학 > Division of Converged Electronic Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.