A direct method of calculating flow-related dynamic recrystallization parameters for generality and accuracy in predicting microstructural evolution*open access
- Joun, Man Soo; Razali, Mohd Kaswandee; Chung, Suk Hwan; Irani, Missam
- Issue Date
- Direct method; Flow-related DRX kinetic parameter; FE prediction of microstructural; evolution; Improved C-m model; Avrami kinetic model
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY-JMR&T, v.18, pp.3894 - 3907
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY-JMR&T
- Start Page
- End Page
- We present a direct method to calculate by which to calculate flow-related dynamic recrystallization (DRX) kinetic parameters, including the peak strain and the strain at 50% DRX which are essential when predicting microstructural evolution. The method is based on an accurate general description of flow curves using the general and improved C-m models in which C and m are defined, at various strains and temperatures, as functions of the strain rate. The method eschews mathematical modeling of these parameters when determining the volume fraction of dynamically recrystallized grains and greatly increases the practical utility of microstructural prediction. A finite element approach based on the direct method and the Avrami kinetic model is utilized to reveal the DRX behavior of the magnesium alloy AZ91D. A comparison among our present approach, other approaches, and experiments reveals that the new method predicts the DRX kinetics and the grain sizes during microstructural evolution with remarkable accuracy.(c) 2022 The Author(s). Published by Elsevier B.V. This is an open access article under the CC
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Division of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.