Rapid estimation of the density of whiteflies (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) on sticky traps in paprika greenhouses using the presence-absence modelopen access
- Lee, Hyunseung; Choi, Wonseok; Eom, SoEun; Park, Jung-Joon
- Issue Date
- NATL SCIENCE MUSEUM & KOREAN NATL ARBORETUM
- Bemisia tabaci; Greenhouse paprika; Presence-absence model; Yellow sticky trap
- JOURNAL OF ASIA-PACIFIC BIODIVERSITY, v.15, no.2, pp.225 - 230
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF ASIA-PACIFIC BIODIVERSITY
- Start Page
- End Page
- Rapid density estimation of Bemisia tabaci (Grannadius) on sticky traps was implemented using the presence-absence model (PAM) for two commercial paprika greenhouses. The one-sided yellow sticky trap was divided into a 6 x 8 grid with 48 identical square cells (each cell being 2.5 cm x 2.5 cm). Morisita???s index was applied to analyze the distribution of caught B. tabaci within each trap. The PAM described well the relationship between whiteflies (independent variables) caught in cells and those on the trap with a natural logarithmic scale (dependent variables). Estimated caught whiteflies on the traps were well fitted within 95 % confidence limits using PAM. The within-trap distribution of whiteflies was confirmed to be mostly nonrandom (95.7 % of total traps) by Morisita???s index; however, the between-trap distribution of whiteflies was random by PAM. PAM method showed better efficiency by comparing the time cost of the whole trap and the occupied cell count of traps that have the same whitefly densities. The PAM method was successfully applied and implemented to estimate the mean density of the B. tabaci on traps in greenhouse paprika system. ?? 2022 National Science Museum of Korea (NSMK) and Korea National Arboretum (KNA), Publishing Services by Elsevier. This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC-ND license (http:// creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 농업생명과학대학 > 식물의학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.