Breeding of Penta Null Soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merr.] for Five Antinutritional and Allergenic Components of Lipoxygenase, KTI, Lectin, 7S alpha ' Subunit, and Stachyoseopen access
- Choi, Sang Woo; Ly, Sarath; Lee, Jeong Hwan; Oh, Hyeon Su; Kim, Se Yeong; Kim, Na Hyeon; Chung, Jong, II
- Issue Date
- FRONTIERS MEDIA SA
- penta null; lipoxygenase; KTI; lectin; 7S alpha ' subunit; stachyose
- FRONTIERS IN PLANT SCIENCE, v.13
- Journal Title
- FRONTIERS IN PLANT SCIENCE
- Soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merr.] is an excellent source of protein, oil, carbohydrates and many other bioactive ingredients for humans. However, several antinutritional and allergenic components such as lipoxygenase, KTI, lectin, 7S alpha' subunit, and stachyose exist in the raw mature seed. Genetic removal of these components would be the best method to improve soybean food quality. The objectives of this research were to breed a new soybean line with penta null recessive alleles (lox1/lox1/lox2/lox2/lox3/lox3-ti/ti-le/le-cgy1/cgy1-rs2/rs2) for these five components and to evaluate agronomic traits for a breeding line with penta null alleles. Seven germplasms were used to breed the penta null strain. Analysis of lipoxygenase, KTI, lectin, 7S alpha' subunit, and stachyose components in mature seeds was conducted by SDS-PAGE, western blot, and HPLC. One breeding line with penta null recessive alleles was developed. The breeding line has purple flowers, tawny pubescence, a determinate growth habit, and light yellow pods at maturity. The seed of the breeding line has a yellow hilum and yellow seed coat color. The stem height of the breeding line was 53.0 cm. The stachyose content of the breeding line was 2.9 g/kg. The 100-seed weight of the breeding line was 31.1 g and yield (t/ha) was 2.80. This is the first soybean strain with the penta null (lox1lox2lox3/lox1lox2lox3-ti/ti-le/le-cgy1/cgy1-rs2/rs2) genotype (free of lipoxygenase, KTI, lectin, and 7S alpha' subunit proteins, and with low stachyose content).
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 농업생명과학대학 > 농학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.