Effect of Socially Assistive Robot Intervention on People with Dementia in New Life Environment Using Gerontechnology : Meta-analysisEffect of Socially Assistive Robot Intervention on People with Dementia in New Life Environment Using Gerontechnology : Meta-analysis
- Other Titles
- Effect of Socially Assistive Robot Intervention on People with Dementia in New Life Environment Using Gerontechnology : Meta-analysis
- 박경옥; 이선혜
- Issue Date
- Dementia; Depression; Meta-analysis; Mood; Robotics
- 한국생활환경학회지, v.26, no.4, pp.584 - 592
- Journal Title
- Start Page
- End Page
- Dementia is the 9th most burden some illness globally. It has increased the demand for the care of the elderly.
To decrease the care demand and burden for person with dementia (PWD), technology such as the development of robots is gaining interest. The objective to this study was to perform a meta-analysis to identify the effect of interventions with socially assistive robots on negative mood of PWD. A meta-analysis was conducted to estimate the overall effect size of intervention for negative mood. Of the 234 articles identified, 6 randomized controlled trials were included in this review.
Meta analysis’ results was showed a small effect size and was significantly different between the robot intervention group and the control group. Therefore, robot intervention was found to be effective in decreasing negative mood for PWD.
This study will contribute to the practical usage of socially assistive robots to reduce negative mood of PWD.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 간호대학 > Department of Nursing > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.