Can Virtual Simulation Replace Clinical Practical Training for Psychiatric Nursing?
- Joung, Jaewon; Kang, Kyung Im
- Issue Date
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS INC
- ISSUES IN MENTAL HEALTH NURSING, v.43, no.8, pp.706 - 711
- Journal Title
- ISSUES IN MENTAL HEALTH NURSING
- Start Page
- End Page
- In Korea, virtual simulation is currently replacing clinical practical training for psychiatric nursing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This study aimed to explore the virtual simulation experiences of nursing students through focus-group interviews. Three categories were derived: 'glad that the patients were not real people', 'bridge between the text world and the real world', and 'supplementations needed for virtual simulation to replace clinical practice'. Although virtual simulation helped acquire knowledge and skills related to psychiatric nursing practice in a safe environment, there were limitations to replacing clinical practice. To overcome this, a diverse approach between students and professors is required.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 간호대학 > Department of Nursing > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.