Recent advancements in applications of alkaline anion exchange membranes for polymer electrolyte fuel cells
- Vijayakumar, Vijayalekshmi; Nam, Sang Yong
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- Alkaline anion exchange membrane; Fuel cell; Hybrid composite; Hydroxide conductivity; Ion exchange capacity
- JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL AND ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY, v.70, pp.70 - 86
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL AND ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY
- Start Page
- End Page
- Anion exchange membranes (AEMs) play prominent role in addressing alkaline fuel cell efficiency and cost. Great deal of efforts has been made in the past, particularly during the last couple of years to reach AEMs with high hydroxide conductivity, good chemical/thermal/mechanical stability, fuel cross-over resistance and low cost. The purpose of this review is to summarize and discuss the progress on the development of different AEMs for alkaline fuel cells over the last three years. The alternative AEMs based on the modified synthetic and sustainable polymers, organic/inorganic hybrid materials and additives are reviewed in the context of AEM materials. (C) 2018 The Korean Society of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry. Published by Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.