Synthesis of a low Li to Zr mole ratio of lithium lanthanum zirconate Li0.5xLa0.5xZr1-xO12-delta
- Arifah, Septia Kurniawati; Nugrahaningtyas, Khoirina D.; Hidayat, Yuniawan; Kim, Haeran; Lee, Younki; Rahmawati, Fitria
- Issue Date
- All solid-state lithium battery; Ionic conductivity; Li-La-zirconate; Solid electrolyte; Zirconia
- JOURNAL OF THE AUSTRALIAN CERAMIC SOCIETY, v.58, no.4, pp.1061 - 1070
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE AUSTRALIAN CERAMIC SOCIETY
- Start Page
- End Page
- In this research, a low mole ratio formula Li to Zr of Li0.5xLa0.5xZr1-xO12-delta(LLZO*) with various x =0.1, 0.3, and 0.6 was synthesized. The research aims to understand the crystal structure and the electrochemical properties of the new formula of Li0.5xLa0.5xZr1-xO12-delta, in which the Li to Zr mole ratio is smaller than the common cubic garnet of Li7La3Zr2O12 (LLZO). A different sintering treatment was also applied to understand whether the material properties are only a matter of chemical formula or are also affected by the sintering method. The first sintering method was firing at 1230 degrees C for 6 h under air to produce LLZO*(A), and the second method was firing at 900 degrees C for 6 h under Ar flows to produce LLZO*(B). The XRD analysis found that the LLZO*(A) was crystallized mainly to tetragonal structure, and cubic pyrochlore secondary phase, with a small amount of cubic structure. Meanwhile, the LLZO*(B) was crystallized mainly into cubic and tetragonal structure. The impedance analysis found that LLZO*(B) shows a higher ionic conductivity than LLZO*(A), i.e., 7.573 x 10(-5) S.cm(-1) A full-cell impedance measurement of LiFePO4-LLZO*(B)-mcmb shows that LLZO*(B) x =0.1 has the lowest Li+ migration resistance of 223.8 Omega confirming the promising material for solid electrolyte.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.