A systematic review of functions and design features of in-vehicle agents
- Lee, Seul Chan; Jeon, Myounghoon
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS LTD- ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- Human-agent interaction; Intelligent agent; In-vehicle agent
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HUMAN-COMPUTER STUDIES, v.165
- Journal Title
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HUMAN-COMPUTER STUDIES
- Intelligent agents are expected to become major computing systems in the near future. In-vehicle agents (IVAs) can be widely adopted and utilized in a driving environment. Despite their potential applicability, a holistic understanding of the functional objectives and design features of IVAs remains limited, which hinders the design of better IVAs. To this end, we aimed at a better understanding of the different functions of IVAs and analyzed the design features using a systematic review approach. A total of 61 articles were finally selected for review. The selected articles were analyzed according to the research questions. As a result, we provided functional categories of IVAs and elicited design space, variables, and levels. Our work contributes to the body of knowledge on the development and design of IVAs, particularly for both practitioners and researchers to conceptualize, implement, and develop their own IVAs.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.