Highly Stable Organic Transistors on Paper Enabled by a Simple and Universal Surface Planarization Method
- Shin, Hyeonwoo; Roh, Jeongkyun; Song, Jiyoung; Roh, Heebum; Kong, Chan-Mo; Lee, Taesoo; Park, Gunbaek; An, Kunsik; Kim, Jun Young; Kim, Hyoseok; Kwak, Jeonghun; Lee, Changhee; Kim, Hyeok
- Issue Date
- aramid paper; flexible electronics; organic field-effect transistors; paper electronics; surface planarization
- ADVANCED MATERIALS INTERFACES, v.6, no.8
- Journal Title
- ADVANCED MATERIALS INTERFACES
- In this work, operationally and mechanically stable organic field-effect transistors (OFETs) are demonstrated on aramid fiber-based paper enabled by a simple and universal surface planarization method. By employing a nanoimprint lithography-inspired surface smoothening method, rough aramid paper is successfully smoothened from a scale of several tens of micrometers to a sub-nanometer-scale surface roughness. Owing to the sub-nanometer-scale surface roughness of the aramid paper, the OFETs fabricated on the aramid paper exhibit decent field-effect mobility (0.25 cm(2) V-1 s(-1)) with a high current on-to-off ratio (>10(7)), both of which are comparable with those of OFETs fabricated on rigid silicon substrates. Moreover, the OFETs fabricated on the aramid paper exhibit both high operational and mechanical stability; this is indicated by a bias-stress-induced threshold voltage shift ( increment V-TH approximate to 4.27 V under an excessive gate bias stress of 1.7 MV cm(-1) for 1 h 30 min) comparable to that of OFETs on a rigid silicon substrate, moderate field-effect mobility, and a threshold voltage stability under 1000 bending cycles with a compressive strain of 1%. The demonstration of highly stable OFETs on paper enabled by the simple planarization method will expand the potential use of various types of paper in electronic applications.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > 반도체공학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.