Bio-based boronic ester vitrimer for realizing sustainable and highly thermally conducting nanocomposites
- Shi, Yongming; Hong, Younggi; Hong, Jiyae; Yu, Ayoung; Lee, Min Wook; Lee, Jiyoung; Goh, Munju
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- Boronic ester; Nanocomposite; High thermal conductivity; Sustainability; Bio-based material
- COMPOSITES PART B-ENGINEERING, v.244
- Journal Title
- COMPOSITES PART B-ENGINEERING
- Bio-based vitrimers prepared using tannic acid, glycerol, and boric acid exhibited the properties of a hard solid and a viscoelastic liquid at low and high temperatures, respectively. The degree of boronic ester bonding increased in the presence of NaOH and cellulose nanofibers, giving an increased tensile strength and hardness. The optimal nanocomposite exhibited a higher thermal conductivity than organic-based polymers. Composites with Al2O3 and hexagonal boron nitride fillers gave extremely high thermal conductivities. A thermally con-ducting grating was also prepared using different thermally conducting vitrimers. Acidic treatment of the nanocomposite recovered the filler, indicating the application potential of these materials.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 농업생명과학대학 > Department of Environmental Materials Science > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.