An experimental study for removing algae particles using a metal mesh membrane
- Park, Changgyeong; Yoon, Dain; Park, Sung Hyuk; Park, No-Suk
- Issue Date
- DESALINATION PUBL
- Algae particles; Metal mesh membrane; Single layer wire-mesh; Double layer wire-mesh
- DESALINATION AND WATER TREATMENT, v.149, pp.52 - 57
- Journal Title
- DESALINATION AND WATER TREATMENT
- Start Page
- End Page
- This study evaluated the applicability of a metal wire-mesh as a filter to remove algae particles. The filtration experiments were performed with a single layer wire-mesh and a double layer wire-mesh. The removal efficiency was calculated by the total amount of suspended solids captured in the wire-mesh and it reached up to 97%. The single layer wire-mesh filtration experiments were carried out using four types of wire-mesh and the removal efficiencies were compared according to their pore sizes. The double layer wire-mesh filtration experiment was classified into eight cases and the experimental results showed the effective wire-mesh size for the algae removal. In addition, from scanning electron microscope photographs of the wire-meshes following the filtration experiments, the shape of the Spirulina sp. algae filtered on the wire-mesh was observed.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > Department of Civil Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.