Lithium inserted ZnSnN2 thin films for solar absorber: n to p-type conversion
- Chinnakutti, Karthik Kumar; Patra, Lokanath; Panneerselvam, Vengatesh; Govindarajan, Durai; Kheawhom, Soorathep; Theerthagiri, Jayaraman; Yu, Yiseul; Salammal, Shyju Thankaraj; Choi, Myong Yong
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- Lithium; ZnSnN2 thin films; Photoabsorber; Semiconductor; Photovoltaic
- MATERIALS TODAY CHEMISTRY, v.25
- Journal Title
- MATERIALS TODAY CHEMISTRY
- ZnSnN2 is a non-toxic and earth-abundant photoabsorber material for flexible photovoltaic devices because of its excellent optoelectronic behavior. However, theoretical studies show that the alkaline-earth metallic (Li, Na, K, Rb, Cs, and Fr) dopants in ZnSnN2, particularly lithium (Li), display shallow-acceptor behavior and improve the performance of ZnSnN2 semiconductors. Orthorhombic phase structure with (002) preferred orientation was observed for Li-doped films and the lattice parameters agree well with reported standards. Secondary ion mass spectroscopy (SIMS) analysis revealed the incorporation of Li in Li:ZnSnN2 films. XPS, the density of states, and Born effective charge analysis revealed the chemical bonding states of Li-ZnSnN2. In contrast to the pristine n-type ZnSnN2, Li:ZnSnN2 thin films showed conductivity with p-type hole concentrations varying between 1.14 x 1020 -9.47 x 10(19) cm(-3) and the highest mobility of 20.03 cm(2)V(-1)s(-1). Therefore, we obtained p-type conductivity by substituting an organolithium reagent (C4H9Li) on the Zn site, which highlights that Li:ZnSnN2 can be effectively used as the photoanode layer for next-generation thin-film solar cell devices. (C) 2022 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.