Probabilistic normed load monitoring in large scale distributed systems using mobile agents
- Ali, Moazam; Bagchi, Susmit
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- Distributed systems; Mobile agents; Load monitoring; Resource utilization; Cloud computing
- FUTURE GENERATION COMPUTER SYSTEMS-THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ESCIENCE, v.96, pp.148 - 167
- Journal Title
- FUTURE GENERATION COMPUTER SYSTEMS-THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ESCIENCE
- Start Page
- End Page
- Due to rapid advancements and developments in computing platforms, there is a tremendous growth in heterogeneous distributed systems involving mobile devices. In distributed systems, achieving better performance and efficient utilization of shared resources are dependent on appropriate load monitoring mechanisms. In large-scale distributed systems, performing load monitoring is a challenging task and, it effects in increasing response time degrading system performance. In this paper, we have developed and implemented mobile agent-based load monitoring system intended to large-scale distributed systems. Mobile agent based design is an attractive approach for load monitoring in large-scale distributed systems, because mobile agents are autonomous, goal-driven, reactive to environmental changes and, lightweight piece of program. In this paper, a detailed software architectural design for mobile agent based load monitoring system is presented. The design is based on a probabilistic normed estimation model and corresponding monitoring algorithms. The experimental evaluations and scalability analysis presented in this paper illustrate the behavior of agents and performance of the system under different load conditions. Moreover, a detailed qualitative as well as quantitative analysis of various mobile agent models are presented. (C) 2019 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > Department of Aerospace and Software Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.