Modified multi-dimensional q-deformed Newton oscillators: Algebra, interpolating statistics and thermodynamics
- Chung, Won Sang; Algin, Abdullah
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- Bose systems; Fermi systems; Deformed Bose gas model; Deformed Fermi gas model; Intermediate statistics; Anyons; Virial expansion; Composite particles
- ANNALS OF PHYSICS, v.409
- Journal Title
- ANNALS OF PHYSICS
- In this work, we present a new algebraic model by constructing the modified multi-dimensional q-deformed bosonic and fermionic Newton oscillator algebras. This construction leads effectively to describe interpolating statistics, which can be used to approach the properties of quasi-particle excitations occurring in many-body interacting quantum systems. It is shown that the model algebras are endowed with the SU phi(d)- and SU theta(d)-symmetries, where phi and theta are real parameters describing the special phase shifts between two different modes of the models. Particular emphasis is given to the two-dimensional case, which reveals a suitable framework for analyzing anyonic behavior of the models. Furthermore, we discuss the effects of deformation on the general thermodynamical and statistical properties of gas models of these interpolating statistics particles such as the q-deformed statistical distribution function and the equation of state in two and three dimensions. Finally, we concisely point out other possible physical applications of the present deformed (quasi)particle models. (C) 2019 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.