Photon gas at the Planck scale within the doubly special relativity
- Chung, W. S.; Gavrilik, A. M.; Nazarenko, A. V.
- Issue Date
- Doubly special relativity; Planck energy; Black body radiation; kappa-addition rule; Deformed bosons; Photons; Bounded radiation energy and entropy; Modified Planck law; Threshold temperature
- PHYSICA A-STATISTICAL MECHANICS AND ITS APPLICATIONS, v.533
- Journal Title
- PHYSICA A-STATISTICAL MECHANICS AND ITS APPLICATIONS
- Within the approach to doubly special relativity (DSR) suggested by Magueijo and Smolin, a new algebraically justified rule of so-called kappa-addition for the energies of identical particles is proposed. This rule permits to introduce the nonlinear kappa-dependent Hamiltonian for one-mode multi-photon (sub)system. On its base, with different modes treated as independent, the thermodynamics of black-body radiation is explored within DSR, and main thermodynamic quantities are obtained. In their derivation, we use both the analytical tools within mean field approximation (MFA) and numerical evaluations based on exact formulas. The entropy of one-mode subsystem turns out to be finite (bounded). Another unusual result is the existence of threshold temperature above which radiation is present. Specific features of the obtained results are explained and illustrated with a number of plots. Comparison with some works of relevance is given. (C) 2019 Published by Elsevier B.V.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.