A Case Study for the Behavior of Consolidated Settlement Considering Overconsolidated Layer
- Kim, Jiseong; Yun, Seong-Kyu; Im, Eun-Sang; Kang, Gichun
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOCIETY OF CIVIL ENGINEERS-KSCE
- Consolidated settlement; Over-consolidation ratio; Design parameter; Void ratio; Numerical analysis
- KSCE JOURNAL OF CIVIL ENGINEERING, v.26, no.10, pp.4302 - 4316
- Journal Title
- KSCE JOURNAL OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
- Start Page
- End Page
- This study aims to identify the characteristics of consolidated settlement on soft ground with overconsolidated conditions developed. The study also seeks to identify the problems of existing consolidated designs through the in-situ test and revaluation of design parameters. As the settlement ratio was more than 95% through the revaluation of the pre-consolidation load and the compression index, the design parameter value presented in this study is believed to be applicable to the soft ground with overconsolidated conditions developed. In addition, to determine the effects of the ground conditions of the upper overconsolidated layer, a numerical analysis was conducted considering the OCR, depth, initial void ratio, and Poisson's ratio of the overconsolidated layer as influencing factors. As a result, OCR and initial void ratio were identified as major influencing factors, while the Poisson's ratio and thickness of the overconsolidated layer gave insignificant influences.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공과대학 > Department of Civil Engineering > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.