Recent Advances in Polybenzimidazole (PBI)-based Polymer Electrolyte Membranes for High Temperature Fuel Cell Applications
- Vijayakumar, Vijayalekshmi; Kim, Kihyun; Nam, Sang Yong
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC INDUSTRIAL & ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY
- Cross-linking; Fuel cell; Polybenzimidazole; Polymer electrolyte membrane; Structure modification
- APPLIED CHEMISTRY FOR ENGINEERING, v.30, no.6, pp.643 - 651
- Journal Title
- APPLIED CHEMISTRY FOR ENGINEERING
- Start Page
- End Page
- Polybenzimidazole (PBI), an engineering polymer with well-known excellent thermal, chemical and mechanical stabilities has been recognized as an alternative to high temperature polymer electrolyte membranes (HT-PEMs). This review focuses on recent advances made on the development of PBI-based HT-PEMs for fuel cell applications. PBI-based membranes discussed were prepared by various strategies such as structural modification, cross-linking, blending and organic-inorganic composites. In addition, intriguing properties of the PBI-based membranes as well as their fuel cell performances were highligted.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 공학계열 > Dept.of Materials Engineering and Convergence Technology > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.