Noble Metal-free Bimetallic Cobalt/Manganese Oxide Catalyst for Hydrogen Generation by Decomposition of Hydrous Hydrazine
- Kim, Youngyong; Kwon, Ki-Young
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- Bimetallic catalyst; Cobalt; Manganese; Hydrogen; Hydrazine
- BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.40, no.12, pp.1167 - 1171
- Journal Title
- BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY
- Start Page
- End Page
- Bimetallic cobalt and manganese oxide (Co/MnO) is prepared by annealing the spinel structure of CoMn2O4 under hydrogen environment. This noble metal-free catalyst is applied for hydrogen generation from aqueous hydrazine solution. X-ray powder diffraction, transmission electron microscopy, energy-dispersive spectroscopy, and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy results indicated that the phase separation of metallic cobalt and manganese monoxide from CoMn2O4 occurs during annealing process. Co/MnO exhibits catalytic activity with the TOF value of 14.2 h(-1) and 100% selectivity without generation of ammonia at 343 K. It is found that metallic cobalt plays role on the active site for hydrogen generation.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 자연과학대학 > 화학과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.