Fundamental study of the production of paper ash made from paper sludge i - Evaluation of the characteristics of paper ash made from paper sludge in a specialty paper mill-
- Lee, Y.H.; Jo, H.M.; Kim, S.H.; Lee, J.Y.
- Issue Date
- Korean Technical Assoc. of the Pulp and Paper Industry
- Ash content; High-utilization; Incineration temperature; Paper ash; Paper sludge
- Palpu Chongi Gisul/Journal of Korea Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry, v.52, no.3, pp.113 - 119
- Journal Title
- Palpu Chongi Gisul/Journal of Korea Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry
- Start Page
- End Page
- Paper ashes were manufactured from paper sludges collected from a specialty paper mill at different incineration temperatures, and their characteristics (particle size, zeta potential, particle shape, and chemical composition) were analyzed. As the incineration temperature increased, the ash content of the paper sludge decreased, as did the particle size and zeta potential of the paper ash. The paper ash particles were not separated individually but formed agglomerates. The chemical elements Al, Si, and Mg were observed to exist as dioxides. In addition, the properties of the paper ash did not show significant differences according to the type of paper sludge; the ash content alone showed a difference. Therefore, it is important to control the incineration temperature to approximately 700°C or less and to select high-ash paper sludge in order to acquire high paper ash yields. ? 2020 Korean Technical Assoc. of the Pulp and Paper Industry. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 농업생명과학대학 > Department of Environmental Materials Science > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.