Effects of combined exercise on muscular strength and physical fitness of the female elderly aged over 80 yearsopen access
- Kim, I.-G.; Baek, K.-W.; Sung, C.; Yoo, J.-I.; Kim, J.-S.
- Issue Date
- Korean Society of Exercise Physiology
- Combined exercise; Elastic band; Muscular strength; Physical fitness; Super-aged elderly
- Exercise Science, v.29, no.1, pp.97 - 105
- Journal Title
- Exercise Science
- Start Page
- End Page
- PURPOSE: The purpose of this study was to determine whether combined exercise-mediated acquisition on the body composition, muscular strength, blood variables and physical fitness occur in female elderly aged over 80 years. METHODS: Total 63 elderly (Control group, CON, n=36; Exercise group, EXE, n=27) aged between 80 and 90 years participated in this study. EXE group performed combined exercise for an hour at a time, twice a week for 8 week. RESULTS: Body composition was not significantly changed before and after 8-week treatment in both groups. However, systolic blood pressure was increased and HDL-cholesterol was decreased in CON group. Also, muscular strengths in quadriceps femoris, biceps femoris and triceps brachii were significantly decreased in CON group, while there was no statistical change in EXE group. Fasting blood-glucose in EXE group was significantly decreased. Physical-fitness factors determined by senior fitness test were all significantly improved only in EXE group, while there was no change in CON group. These results suggest that combined exercise is very effective prescription in the super-aged elderly. CONCLUSIONS: Combined exercise is very effective prescription in the super-aged elderly. Based on our study, we propose that need to develop various programs using combined exercise for super-aged elderly. ? 2020 Korean Society of Exercise Physiology.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 사범대학 > Physical Education > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.