Effect of Market-Wholesaler System on Market Expansion, Retransaction Intention, and Recommendation Intentionopen access
- Roh, G.-H.; Yi, J.-H.; Cho, Y.-S.
- Issue Date
- Korea Distribution Science Association (KODISA)
- Market Expansion; Market-Wholesaler System; Re-transaction Intention; Recommendation Intention
- Journal of Distribution Science, v.18, no.5, pp.99 - 109
- Journal Title
- Journal of Distribution Science
- Start Page
- End Page
- Purpose: This study aims to develop and empirically analyze a research model in order to comprehend the relationship among the service quality of market-wholesaler system, re-transaction intention, and recommendation intention of forwarder. Further, we suggest new six factors reflecting the service quality of market-wholesaler system and highlight market expansion of forwarder as a mechanism in the relationship. Research design, data and methodology: The authors developed the new scales measuring the service quality of marketwholesaler system (i.e. trade price, price fluctuation, payment receipt, settlement period, trade information, and customer service) and conducted a cross-sectional survey for 439 forwarders in a wholesale market. And then we performed a series of path analyses to test hypotheses. The hypotheses are as follows. [H1] The service quality of market-wholesaler system will positively affect forwarders’ market expansion, [H2] Forwarders’ market expansion will positively affect their re-transaction intention, [H3] Forwarders’ market expansion will positively affect their recommendation intention, [H4] Forwarders’ re-transaction intention will positively affect their recommendation intention. Results: The results showed that all the six factors for the service quality of market-wholesaler system were positively related to market expansion of forwarders. There was a differential effectiveness in the six factors of the service quality. More specifically, the positive effect of customer service factor was the strongest on market expansion of forwarders. And the respective effects of trade price, price fluctuation, settlement period, trade information factors were followed in order. The positive effect of payment receipt factor was the weakest on market expansion of forwarders. Also, market expansion of forwarders was positively related to their retransaction intention and recommendation intention. Furthermore, market expansion of forwarders was indirectly related to recommendation intention through re-transaction intention as well. Conclusions: The research findings provide important theoretical and practical implications. This study is the first to attempt to test the perception of forwarders for the service quality of market-wholesaler system by developing and using the new scales. Also, there has been a sharp controversy about the effectiveness of market-wholesaler system. The findings support that market-wholesaler system would be activated by empirically verifying the effectiveness of the service quality on the various outcomes. ? 2020 The Author(s). All Rights Reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- College of Business Administration > 경영학부 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.