The Structural Equation Model for Posttraumatic Growth of Firefighter: Based on the Calhoun and Tedeschi's model of posttraumatic growthopen access
- Ju, J.Y.; Yang, J.M.
- Issue Date
- Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing
- Cognitive; Firefighters; Posttraumatic growth; Psychological; Rumination; Self disclosure; Social support
- Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, v.31, no.4, pp.459 - 471
- Journal Title
- Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing
- Start Page
- End Page
- Purpose: The purpose of this study is to construct and validate a posttraumatic growth structural model for firefighters based on Calhoun and Tedeschi’s model (2006). Methods: The research data was collected from 200 firefighters working in Gyeongsang-do, Jeolla-do, and Gyeonggi-do. The participants completed an anonymous survey asking about ego-resilience, active coping, family support, organizational support, self-exposure, deliberate rumination, posstraumatic stress and posttraumatic growth. Results: The model selected as a final model was the one that supports 10 hypotheses out of 13 hypotheses. In the final model, deliberate rumination (β=.59, p<.001) had a significant effect in the posttraumatic growth of firefighters. Active coping, organizational support, self-exposure, ego-resilience and posttraumatic stress had a significant indirect effect. The explanatory power of these variables was 36.0%. Conclusion: The results of the survey show that it is important to develop a strategy to strengthen deliberate rumination. In addition, encouraging deliberate rumination through organizational support and self-exposure can promote posttraumatic growth of firefighters. ? 2020. Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing. All Rights Reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 간호대학 > Department of Nursing > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.