A difference of sums of finite products of lucas-balancing polynomials
- Kim, T.; Ryoo, C.S.; Kim, D.S.; Kwon, J.
- Issue Date
- Jangjeon Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences and Physics
- Chebyshev polynomials of the first kind; Difference of sums of finite products; Lucas-balancing polynomials; Orthogonal polynomials
- Advanced Studies in Contemporary Mathematics (Kyungshang), v.30, no.1, pp.121 - 134
- Journal Title
- Advanced Studies in Contemporary Mathematics (Kyungshang)
- Start Page
- End Page
- The Lucas-balancing numbers arise naturally from the balancing numbers which were introduced by Behera and Panda about twenty years ago and have been undergone intensive studies by many researchers. Natural extensions of the Lucas-balancing numbers are the Lucas-balancing polynomials. In this paper, we will consider a difference of sums of finite products of Lucas-balancing polynomials and represent them in terms of nine orthogonal polynomials in two different ways each. In particular, this gives us an expression of such a difference of sums of finite products in terms of Lucas-balancing polynomials. Our proof is based on the recent observation by Frontczak as to a fundamental relation between Chebyshev polynomials of the first kind and Lucas-balancing polynomials. ? 2020 Jangjeon Mathematical Society. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 사범대학 > 수학교육과 > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.