Bending creep properties of cross-laminated wood panels made with tropical hardwood and domestic temperate woodopen access
- Park, H.-M.; Gong, D.-M.; Shin, M.-G.; Byeon, H.-S.
- Issue Date
- Korean Society of Wood Science Technology
- Bending creep; Creep deformation; Initial deformation; Relative creep; Wood species
- Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology, v.48, no.5, pp.608 - 617
- Journal Title
- Journal of the Korean Wood Science and Technology
- Start Page
- End Page
- For efficient use and expansion of domestic small-and medium-diameter woods, cross-laminated wood panels composed of tropical hardwoods and domestic temperate woods were fabricated, and the bending creep behavior under long-term loading was investigated. The bending creep curve of the cross-laminated wood panels showed an exponential function graph with a sharp increase at the top right side. The wood panel composed of a teak top layer and larch core and bottom layers recorded the highest initial deformation, and that composed of a merbau top layer and tulip core and bottom layers showed the lowest initial deformation. Creep deformation of the cross-laminated wood panels showed the highest value in that composed of a teak top layer and larch core and bottom layers and showed the lowest value in that composed of a merbau top layer and tulip core and bottom layers. The obtained creep deformation is 3.1?4.3 times that of merbau, however, it is remarkably lower than that of tulip and larch. The highest relative creep was recorded by the wood panel composed of merbau top layer and larch core and bottom layers, whereas that composed of the teak top layer and tulip core and bottom layers showed the lowest relative creep. ? 2020, Korean Society of Wood Science Technology. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item
- There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in
- 농업생명과학대학 > Department of Environmental Materials Science > Journal Articles
Items in ScholarWorks are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.